FUN FAIR IS COMING
Plan to attend our Fun Fair on Wednesday, May 18 from 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Please see the information form for volunteers and donations by clicking on the link.
Book Fair Update
Our October book fair was a wonderful success. We had sales of $2,371.10 which meant a product commission of $1,323.07!
Wow, that is a lot of great new reading material for students and staff!
Thanks for supporting this initiative, and the library in general.
Constable Perry from the Napanee Ontario Provincial Police has been working with our grade 6 students on a program called OPP KIDS (Knowledge, Issues, Decisions and Supports). This multi-week program has three main purposes:
- Connect with Kids
- Reduce self-victimization
- Prevent Crime
The program covers the following topics:
- Youth and the Law
- Peer to Peer Relationships
- Online and Social Media
- Drug Awareness
- Mental Health Awareness
The program covers many expectations in the Ministry of Education Health and Physical Education curriculum document (2010) and the Language curriculum document (2006)
Graduates will receive a certificate.
TYENDINAGA PUBLIC SCHOOL AGREEMENTS
- We will demonstrate a strong commitment to good character.
- We recognize that each person is unique, has strengths and has a contribion to make.
- We take care of our own property, the property of others and the school property.
- We will act and speak in ways that show that we value and care about the well-being of ourselves, others and the community.
- We take pride in our accomplishments.